Scan2D is a fast way to access any information that comes with a QR (Quick Response) code and it is also a fun way to share your experiences, reviews and feedbacks with your friends and the world around you.
When you use our services, you are inevitable to share some information with us. We understand that may affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
There are two basic ways we collect information: Information you choose to give us and information we get automatically when you use our services.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic Scan2D account, so we need to collect a few important details about you: basically for now your email, a password.
Information We Get Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for example, that you scanned a QR code and opened the web site associated with it. We might also know when you have re-visited the QR code or web site and the feedback you have left.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services.
- Content Information. We collect the content of the QR code you have scanned and re-visited.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number). We also collect device information that will help us diagnose and troubleshoot problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our services.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll never access the camera or photos unless you give us your consent to do so.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our services. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services
- device information, such as your web browser type and language
- QR code scanned
- Social portal viewed
- IP address
- pages you visited before navigating to our services
- cookies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- develop, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- communicate with you
- monitor and analyze trends and usage
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting products or services that match your user profiles, interests, or previous activities
- enhance the safety and security of our services
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
Although we welcome users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to Canada and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other users. We may share the following information about you with other users:
- public information, such as your username, email;
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your review score, and the feedback.
- any additional information you have consented to be shared. For example, when you let us access your device information, we may share information about your device with other users;
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Scan2D gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, or acquisition of some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- In the aggregate. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
The services may also contain third-party links, include third-party integrations (like our Social Portal service), or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others